Whether you’re getting a custom closet installed with your chosen door or just need to replace a worn out one, it’s important to choose the one that’s right for your needs. You’d be surprised, but just the design, shape, and size of a closet door can make a big impact in any space in your home. In fact, many homeowners have found that closets with the right doors, of course, can provide optimal storage space in guest bedrooms, offices, and even the living room.
If you’re overwhelmed by the concept of choosing closet doors NYC has to offer, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Are you looking to maximize the amount of space you have or do you have enough space for your door should you need to open it? Sliding doors are the most common type of closet doors chosen for NYC apartments as they don’t require any additional space to open since they can easily slide to the side. On the other hand, if you have a large bedroom, accordion styled or traditional doors are a reasonable choice since space doesn’t come at a premium.
2. It’s important to choose the right finishes and establish the style you’re looking for early on. For example, a modern home would benefit from a sliding mirrored closet door as it can help enhance the space and the metal frames give it that ultra modern touch. Of course, the modern look isn’t for everyone, so if you’re hoping for a traditional feel, wooden closet doors are a safe option and they can mesh well with pretty much any design.
3. Sliding closet doors, since they’re popular can be found in a number of styles. Oftentimes, you will commonly see them featuring mirrors on the front or frosted glass. For smaller spaces, it’s advisable that you consider the mirrored version as it can create the illusion of more space in the home. However, if you have a fairly large room, frosted glass or even a solid door can be taken into consideration.
4. Always take the cost of the closet doors into consideration as well. Depending on the look and feel of your property, you may be inclined to invest more money into a door than is really reasonable. A built-in closet doesn’t necessarily need a high-end door as that can actually make your room look awkward.
5. The last step to consider is installation and sizing. If you have a custom closet, you should ultimately get a custom closet door to ensure that it fits. Though there are numerous pre-made doors available, it could be a problem making it fit a custom closet. In addition, closet doors can be tricky to install, therefore, it’s always advisable to check whether or not a company offers professional installation.
Shopping for closet doors may seem easy, but there are quite a few important decisions to be made. Hopefully, this article has helped you understand some of the choices you will need to make.